Import and export license in Sharjah is also known as global trade. Sharjah import and export business is one of the best projects to think about; if you are looking to start a business. Before we know how to start an Import and export license in Sharjah; we need to know how useful it would be to start an Import and export business in Sharjah; and what are the step needed to start an Import and export license in Sharjah.
Import and export business in Sharjah mostly present; because one country has a supply of some goods or commodity that is in demand by another country. But apart from this basic reason; the major presence and boost provided to the import and export business in Sharjah; are for several other reasons.
Reasons for import and export license in Sharjah
Good location for trade
Sharjah is a great place to start an import and export business. The location of Sharjah is between the Asian, Africa and European continents and most of the trade in the world passes from this region. This location also offers a great time zone that allows; import and export business in Sharjah to match up and work with the east as well as the west.
The gov’t gives importance to trading business so that to diversify the economy through the trading sectors. Hence, the Sharjah gov’t offers a lot of incentives to import and export businesses in Sharjah. At the end of the day, this effort creates more chances for import and export business in Sharjah.
Supply and Demand Channel
The Sharjah market is mainly reliant on import export and trading areas; because Sharjah and the whole Gulf region have limited production; there for most of the product need to be imported into the country. On the other hand, UAE and the adjacent gulf regions are some of the major exporters of natural resources such as oil.
The above three points certify that opening an Import and export license in Sharjah; can be pleasing both in terms of success and growth chances. So, if you want to learn how to start an Import and export license in Sharjah speak to a live business setup advisor or book a free meeting with our consultant.
You can also visit Import and export business in Dubai
Import Export License in Sharjah
import export business in Sharjah requires an import export license to function. The process to get a license is very simple and can be done online. However, if you are trying to import or export special or restricted item; then you need to get a special license from the Customs department.
- Import License is essential to buy or get commodities from outside the borders of UAE; that is from the foreign country or form any other state of the UAE by meeting all legal processes, papers, approvals, and terms of licensing. Anyone can become an importer by taking this license from the sharjah license authority.
- Export License is essential when you want to trade in goods made locally; and you want to send it to some other country or among the free trade zone of UAE. If the goods are passing on to any of the Free Trade Zones of the sharjah; they are not subject to pay any tax. Though the Free Trade Zone is a central part of UAE; it does not come under the UAE Customs Territory.
How to start an Import and export business in Sharjah
Apply for a Trade License
To start an import and export license in Sharjah first thing need is to apply for a trade license; and register the import and export business in UAE. To do so you will have to apply in DED.
- Submit the application to the DED
- Notarize the company’s MOA in DED
- Submit the required paper work with the DED
- Pay the fees and obtain the trade license
Rent an office or rent a warehouse
Import and export license in Sharjah needs you to have a physical existence; which means you will have to rent a place of work; like warehouse or office to stack your items. Also, the DED along with the Sharjah Municipality procedure certain rules depending on the product which you are importing or exporting in Sharjah. You need to rent a place during the stage of applying for the trade license; because only after submitting the tenancy contract you will get the trade license for Import and export.
Sharjah Trade and Customs
The Sharjah Trade and the Sharjah Customs plays a very key role; and you must take the processes into thought from the initial stage. If you are planning to start an import and export license in Sharjah; then you must need to register your company with customs department. Online registration for the custom code is available; but you need to submit docs and all the paper work physically.
Import and Export license in Sharjah Free Zone
Though all the free zones in UAE are the part of UAE territory; but they are considered as a separate unit; and are not in the customs territory of UAE; and hence have their own rules and regulation. They are tax free zone; and are follow certain rules in order to conduct import export business in UAE free zone.
- For import and export between free zone and a local company; trader should have an import code and goods should be the same; that is point out in the license of import export business in Sharjah. Goods must reach the destination within 72 hours of the customs declaration. Goods have to be check before entering the free trade zone.
- For Import Export between Free Zone and a Foreign Company– Free zone license is free from the expenses of custom duties.
Import export business in Sharjah has a massive choice and you can gain the services of Shams Consultant; if you want to set up an import export business in Sharjah.